WWE RAW Reaction 10-26-15
Last night's Monday night RAW was the best episode in months. Check out the Great, Good, Bad, and Pathetic.
- The fans in San Diego were behind Roman Reigns, and since the show was built around him, that made it all the better. Reigns defeated Kevin Owens, Alberto Del Rio and Dolph Ziggler in a four-way to become the new number one contender for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Roman looked great for the 2nd night in a row. Great.
- This was the most over Reigns has been in a long time. Crowd saw him as a star and chanted "Let's Go Reigns." On top of that, Reigns had a really good match with Kofi Kingston.
- Kevin Owens defeated Cesaro in the usual the match between these two with the usual result. Crowd was hot for Cesaro. The Cesaro Section signs were back, which only makes me madder that they won't give the guy a chance. He's a million times better than Del Rio, but he ain't Latino, so..
- The Wyatt's beat down Kane until he was lifeless. Then they carried off Kane to the back the same way they carried off the Undertaker last night. I like the build to the Survivor Series match.
- Most of the company's roster joined Titus O'Neal and a group of breast cancer survivors in the ring for the latest Susan G. Komen Foundation presentation. O'Neal really is a good singles babyface the company hasn't taken full advantage of.
- In a segment that was taped last week but presented as if it was live tonight, Miz won a match on the WWE 2K16 video game, playing as Steve Austin and pinning the Rock with a stunner. Next thing you know, the real Austin showed up. The pop was so huge from the crowd it almost drowned out the dialogue between Austin and Miz, but nothing physical happened.
- Paige turned on Charlotte and Lynch, giving them both the Rampage. She put Charlotte in the PTO and left both laying. Now, I know they think we are stupid, but didn't she turn on them a month ago? This made the baby faces look so dumb for trusting her and teaming with her again.
- Alberto Del Rio and Zeb Coulter did a promo. Coulter said he wanted to start a new country called MexAmerica. And with that, Del Rio has no chance to become the over Mexican star the company badly needs. This Coulter-Del Rio combination might have worse chemistry.
- Rusev was a total afterthought again. He;s just been placed in 6 man tags for weeks now with the rest of the forgotten mid-carders who are being underutilized. Smh.The lesson here is you can marry someone in real life. Just don't expect it to help you professionally, unless it's the boss' daughter.
Maybe it was just one show, but Reigns could have turned a corner tonight. It was the first time where he came off like a potential top star in the company. The crowd reacted to him in that matter and it was vital that happened in the postmatch staredown with Rollins. Otherwise, it would have felt flat and that's the last thing they need going into this stretch without Cena. This was the start of making Regins the chosen one, and it was a great beginning.