WWE RAW Reaction - Clash Go Home Show
Check out my great, good, bad, and pathetic from last night's RAW.
- The Cruiser weights debuted on RAW and I really enjoyed the 4 way number 1 contenders match. These four had really good chemistry and the action was hot. The fans will get to know the guys and eventually they will be stars. But for night 1, it was pretty good to me.
- I thought the treatment of Seth Rollins as a full fledged babyface was well done and much needed. Now he's ready to take that next step in becoming the new face of the brand. Not bad at all. I loved him jumping off the cage to close the show.
- Kevin Owens and Roman Reigns had a good main event cage match, though it wasn't a great finish. (We will discuss that below.) Good action though and the post match was good.
- Jericho was really good once again tonight. the guy is finding his rhythm and really riding this new character direction perfectly.
- Cesaro beat Sheamus in match #6 of the best of 7 series to even the series at 3-3, and the finals will be at the Clash. I thought this was good match, and I hope they never wrestle again after Sunday.
- Why of all the people on the roster do they decided to let Bo Dallas win squash matches every week? But guys like Neville don't even make it on the show. This is sooo stupid man.
- The booking was bad tonight. You have Bayley get pinned by Charlotte when she should not be losing pointless matches on her way up. i have no problem with her losing title matches, but why beat Bayley in a pointless tag?
- Why did Owens lose to Reigns in a cage match where the stipulation was, well there was no stipulation, just a pointless match really. What the hell was the point of Reigns wrestling Owens again if its not for a title shot? I don't think Owens should be losing anything, especially to Reigns. Clearly they still will push Reigns at the star of the show even when we all can see he's not the right guy. Smh.
- The opening match between Rusev and Rollins was just dumb. Not the fact teh two were wrestling, as I like both, but that was the punishment for interfering in last weeks main event? You two have to wrestle. And then it was a double count out!!! Just dumb.
- Mick Foley was horrible all night. Stumbling over lines, messing up promos, botching stips. It was just a terrible night for Foley.
It will be interesting to see how the crowd reacts Sunday at the Clash. Owens is over huge with the Hardcore audience, but they love Rollins too. I still question if Rollins fits as a top babyface given his portrayal as a chicken shit heel for so long. He still comes off as whiny and annoying to me and Owens is a way better babyface. I wouldn't be surprised if Jericho somehow gets involved.